Hoi An Ancient Village
Hoi An as a whole is considered an old town, thereby you can find a number of sites that are steeped with local history and classical feel.
Get a feel of historic Vietnam by taking a trip into the old, historical part of Hoi An. Some sites worth visiting include the remnants of the Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau or Lai Vien Kieu), which can be found at the end of the Tran Phu St. The Japanese community constructed the bridge in the late 1900s. Another site is the Quan Cong Temple. Guests can also visit several sites to appreciate ancient-style architecture, some of which incorporates Japanese and Chinese influences. These include the Phung Hung House (located west of the Japanese Bridge), the Quan Thang House or Tan Ky House, and the Cantonese Assembly Hall (Quang Dong).
The Hoi An Ancient Village is located in the centre of Hoi An.
Opening Days and Hours
You can explore the Hoi An Ancient Village via the Hoi An City half-day tour, which is typically done during the day.
Entry Fee and Bookings
Entrance costs around USD 6 per person, which is good for multiple entries. The fees are collected to maintain the old structures.
How to Get There
- Fly into Hoi An from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, or Da Nang.
- From the airport, hire a private car to Hoi An and sign up for the Hoi An City half-day tour.
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
The average time spent on this attraction is around 3 to 4 hours.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
You can opt to visit the village any time of the day.
Sites you can visit include:
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau or Lai Vien Kieu)
- Quan Cong Temple
- Phung Hung House
- Quan Thang House
- Tan Ky House
- Cantonese Assembly Hall (Quang Dong)
- Hokien (Fujian) Meeting Hall (Phuc Kien)
- Chinese All-Community Meeting Hall (Trieu Chau)
- Ong Pagoda
- Quan Am Phat Tu Minh Huong Pagoda
Some dining options you can enjoy in the Hoi An Ancient Village include Green Chili, Well Coffee, Thang Long Restaurant, Bup Cafe, Mat Trang Restaurant and Bar, and Gia Loc Restaurant.
- GAM Gemstone Art Museum & Winebar
- Green Chili Cookery Class
- Reaching Out Arts and Crafts
Accommodation options located near the Ancient Village include the Green Heaven Resort & Spa, Vinh Hung Riverside Resort, Thanh Binh I Hotel, Thanh Van Hotel, and Little Hoian Boutique Hotel & Spa. Prices range from USD 23 to USD 750 per night.