Cam Nam Island
Get a taste of laid-back Vietnamese living in Cam Nam Island.
Cam Nam Island is an off-the-beaten-path destination, it can only be reached via the Cam Nam Bridge, which connects the small island to mainland Vietnam. It is the perfect place to just sit back and relax the Vietnamese countryside, go on a number of bike tours, and even chow on delicious authentic Vietnamese food.
Cam Nam Island is located in Hoi An, Vietnam.
Opening Days and Hours
The island is open 24 hours a day, every day.
Entry Fee and Bookings
There is no entrance fee to visit the Island.
How to Get There
- Fly into Hoi An from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, or Da Nang.
- From the airport, hire a private car to Hoi An.
- From the Hoi An city centre, cross the Cam Nam bridge going to Cam Nam Island.
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
You can opt to spend a day or two on the island, just savouring Vietnamese life.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
Vietnam is mostly warm and humid throughout the year, so you can schedule your visit to the Island any time.
Most of the activities that can be done on the Island are bike tours.
Cam Nam Island only has a few restaurants, but some of the nearest include Restaurant & Cafe Tuan, Nhan’s Kitchen, Hoa Hien Restaurant, and Circle.
- Mo’s Village Cooking Adventure
- Red Bridge Restaurant and Cooking School
- Precious Heritage by Rehahn
Accommodations located near Cam Nam Island include Suburban Villa, Pearl River Hoi An Hotel, Sun Boat Hotel, and River Palm Villas Hoi An. Prices range from USD 18 to USD 35 per night.