Spend a day of learning and fun with your kids at the Museo Pambata – Manila’s interactive museum for children.
The Museo Pambata is an interactive museum for children. Unlike most museums wherein displays are kept behind protective cases, the Museo Pambata encourages guests to learn from their exhibits by using all their senses. The Museum aims to be a discovery museum and resource centre that promotes Filipino global culture, children’s advocacy programs, and creative educational programs. At the same time, the Museum holds regular programs and events for different sectors.
The Museo Pambata is located along Roxas Boulevard, corner of Katigbak Drive, Ermita, Manila.
Opening Days and Hours
The Museum is open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 08:00 to 17:00 from September to February, and 09:00 to 17:00 from March to August. It is also open on Sundays from 13:00 to 17:00, and it’s closed on Mondays and official holidays.
Entry Fee and Bookings
The Museo Pambata charges the following entrance fees:
- Children 2-years old and above, and adults: PhP 250 (USD 4.81)
- Museum workers and teachers: Free (must present valid ID)
- Manila residents: Free on Tuesdays and 50% discount on other days (must present valid ID)
How to Get There
The easiest way to reach the Museum is via taxis and ride-hailing apps such as Uber and Grab, which are widely available in Metro Manila (this includes Quezon City and nearby cities such as Makati, Taguig/Fort Bonifacio, and Pasay).
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
- Families with kids
Time to Spend
1 to 2 hours is enough to enjoy the Museum’s activities.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
You can visit the Museum any time of the day as it is an indoor attraction.
You can visit the Museum’s various themed rooms:
- Kalikasan (Environment) and Karagatan (Under the Sea)
- Maynila Noon (Old Manila)
- Paglaki Ko (Career Options)
- I Love My Planet Earth
- Pamilihang Bayan (Marketplace)
- Katawan Ko (My Body Works)
- Bata Sa Mundo (Children in the Global Village)
Restaurants near the Museo Pambata include:
- Yellow Cab Pizza Co.
- JUNCO Family KTV
- Sohanmari Bulgogi Korean Restaurant
- Sakura Japanese Restaurant
- Rizal Park
- Bambike Ecotours Intramuros
- Fort Santiago
- National Museum
Accommodations near the Museum include a number of hotels and inns, such as The Bayleaf Intramuros, Waterfront Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino, The Corporate Inn Hotel, and Ralph Anthony Suites. Prices range from USD 15 to USD 54.