If you are looking for a secluded, rugged beach with marvelous sands and waters, then you don’t need to look further than Hidden Beach.
Its name says it all, the Hidden Beach is hidden from plain sight by two rocks. And you can’t see it’s strip of fine white sand beach unless you go in further between the two stones that stood guard. It has become a popular lunch spot and stopover for the tours, maybe because of the fact that the island offers a number of shaded areas that can protect guests from the glaring sun while they enjoy their meal. Aside from eating, guests can also enjoy snorkeling and swimming in its crystalline blue waters, or just lounging about it its strip of white beach.
The Hidden Beach is located in Matinloc Island, El Nido, Palawan.
Opening Days and Hours
Tour operations start from 09:00 to 16:00 every day.
Entry Fee and Bookings
Hidden Beach is included in the El Nido Island Hopping Tour C, which is inclusive of boat, lunch, life vest, snorkeling gear, and tour guide fee. Breakdown of additional costs are as follows:
- El Nido Island Hopping Tour C: PhP 1,400 (USD 27.0)1 per person
- Eco-Tourism Development Fee: PhP 200 (USD 3.86) — good for 10 days
- Kayak Rental Fee: PhP 700 (USD 13.50) – good for the whole day (within tour operating hours)
- Snorkel gear: PhP 150 (USD 2.89) per person
Total cost is around PhP 2,250 (USD 43.40)
How to Get There
- From the country’s capital of Manila, you can get to reach the Puerto Princesa International Airport via a 1-hour flight with your preferred airline company.
- From Palawan’s capital of Puerto Princesa, you can reach El Nido via: van (PhP 550 to 600 or USD 10.61 to 11.57 per person, 5 hours travel time), bus (PhP 385 to 480 or USD 7.43 to 9.26 per person, 6 to 7 hours travel time), or Roro bus (PhP 290 to 380 or USD 5.59 to 7.33 per person, 6 to 7 hours travel time).
- The vans are located at the airport or you can ride a tricycle or multi-cab going to Robinson’s mall where the terminal is located. For the buses and Roro buses, you can take a tricycle at the airport going to Junction 1 (PhP 8 or USD 0.15 per person) and ride a multicab going to San Jose Terminal. You can also opt to hire a tricycle going there for PhP 80 to 100 (USD 1.54 to 1.93).
- Once you reach the El Nido bus terminal, you can take a tricycle going to the town centre or straight to your hotel.
- From either the town centre or along Bacuit Bay, you can then book El Nido’s Island Hopping Tour A.
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
You can opt to stay 1 to 2 hours swimming and exploring the beach.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to visit and enjoy El Nido is during the months of November to May when the sea is relatively calm and underwater visibility is good.
Food is included in the tour package.
- Small Lagoon
- Big Lagoon
- Matinloc Island
- Simizu Island
- Entalula Island
- Marimegmeg Beach
Accommodations near Hidden Beach include a number of resorts such as Matinloc Resort and El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island. Prices range from USD 330 to USD 570.