Enjoy a once in a lifetime swim with the whale sharks in the beautiful island of Oslob.
Oslob, Cebu gained its popularity thanks to the gentle whale sharks, which made the small town part of their regular route. Aside from whale shark watching and encounters, Oslob is a tourist favorite because of the accommodating locals and delicious food.
The whale shark watching and encounters are in Barangay Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu.
Opening Days and Hours
Whale shark watching and encounters are available daily, from 06:00 to 12:00, and last 30 minutes.
Entry Fee and Bookings
- Local tourists: whale watching (no swimming) + life jacket use: PHP 300 (USD 6)
- Local tourists: snorkeling with the whale sharks + life jacket use: PHP 500 (USD 11)
- Foreign tourists: snorkeling with whale sharks + life jacket use: PHP 1,000 (USD 21)
How to Get There
- Fly into Cebu via the Mactan International Airport.
- From Cebu City, you can take a taxi to the South Bus Terminal and ride a Ceres bus going to Bato via Liloan. Tell the bus conductor to drop you off at Barangay Tan-awan, Oslob – this is just along the highway. Travel time is around 3 hours and costs PHP 155 (USD 3.03)
- Family trip
- Group of friends
- Office outing
- Solo Travelers
Time to Spend
The whale shark watching and encounter last for about 30 minutes, but you can spend a day or a half exploring the town.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to visit Cebu, including Oslob is during the Christmas and New Year seasons, as it will give you the opportunity to enjoy the province’s colorful and festive Sinulog Festival.
- Whale shark watching and encounter
- Beach bumming
- Island tour
There are a number of restaurants in Oslob. Must-try dishes include the popular Cebu Lechon, danggit – tasty dried fish, and dried mangoes. Meals can cost for as low as USD 1 per person. Popular restaurants near the whale shark encounters include:
- La Terasse
- Chez Tonton
- Coffee Brew
- Aaron Beach Restaurant
- Tumalog Falls
- Oslob Heritage Park
- Sumilon Island
- Canyoneering at Badian
There are also a number of inns and resorts in the Barangay for guests who wish to stay for the night. Room rates start at USD 16 per night, and popular ones include:
- Casa Solmar Oslob
- Rising Sun Pension House
- Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort
- Oslob New Village Lodge