Camotes, also known as the Last Horizon of the South, is a group of beautiful islands guaranteed to take anyone’s breath away.
The Camotes Islands are located in the province of Cebu and are composed of the three major islands of Poro, Pacijan, and Ponson Island. Camotes offers guests a chance to relax in sandy white beaches, swim in crystal blue waters, and even take part in different water activities.
The Camotes Islands are located east of Cebu Island, southwest of Leyte, and north of Bohol Island.
Opening Days and Hours
The islands are open daily.
Entry Fee and Bookings
Entry fees and costs depend on the islands, beaches, and resorts – some of which are:
- Santiago Bay: Free
- Camotes Islands Caves
- Paraiso Cave: PHP 25 (USD 0.49) plus PHP 10 (USD 0.20) for a swim inside the cave
- Timobo Cave: PHP 15 (USD 0.29)
- Bukilat Cave: PHP 20 (USD 0.39)
- Mangodlong Beach Resort: PHP 40 (USD 0.78)
- Lake Danao: PHP 15 (USD 0.29)
- Buho Rock Resort: PHP 20 (USD 0.39)
How to Get There
- Fly in via the Mactan International Airport in Cebu City
- From the airport, take a taxi going to North Terminal, Cebu City
- From the North Terminal, make your way to Danao port via taxi or bus
- From Danao Port, you can take boats going to any of the Camotes Island ports of Consuelo, San Francisco, Poro or Kawit. Boat transport services for these routes are namely: Shuttle Super Ferry, Jomalia Shipping Lines, and the pump boats of Ave Maria and Santo Niño de Cebu. Boat fares cost around PhP 150 to 300 or USD 2.93 to 5.86 for a one-way ticket.
- Solo travelers
- Group of friends
- Families with kids
Time to Spend
It is best to spend at least 2 days and 1 night in the Camotes Islands.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to go to Camotes Islands is during the summer months of late March to early June.
- Beach sports
Camotes Islands have a lot of restaurants that offer local and yummy dishes for as low as USD 1 per dish. Must-try dishes include sinigang and grilled viands.
- Buho Rock
- Bukilat Cave
- Lake Danao
- Panganuron Falls
- Santiago Bay
- Timubo Cave
- Busay Waterfalls
- St. Joseph Parish
- Bukilat Cave in Tudela
- Alta Vista·
- Guadalupe Cave
Camotes Islands offer a lot of great accommodations that cost as low as USD 10 per night, some of which are:
- Camotes Flying Fish Resort
- Mangodlong Rock Resort
- Coco Grove Nature Resort and Spa
- Mangodlong Paradise Resort
- Swisslagoon Restaurant and Hotel House
- My Little Island Hotel
- Santiago Bay Garden and Resort