White Water Rafting
Aside from being known as the “City of Golden Friendship,” Cagayan de Oro is also the white water rafting adventure capital of the country. So get your nerves and paddles ready, and conquer its wild rapids.
If you’re in for an adventure and new experiences, then Cagayan de Oro is the perfect vacation spot for you as the city is quite famous for its white water rafting activities. Guests can sign up to go for a wild ride in the Cagayan de Oro river, which features an approximately 22-kilometre-stretch perfect for white water rafting, which includes more than 25 rapids of up to class 5 — this is perfect for all kinds of rafters, from beginners to advance or even extreme. You can even decide if you want to do a modest, wild, or even extreme run. No matter what kind of route you decide on, brace yourself for a fun morning of rafting filled with adventure, and even beautiful scenes of nature and wildlife.
White Water Rafting activities start off at the Macajalar Bay, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines.
Opening Days and Hours
Most White Water Rafting tours have two trips per day: a morning trip that starts at 07:30, and an afternoon trip that starts at 12:00.
Entry Fee and Bookings
The average cost of tours are:
- Lower Section: PhP 1200 (USD 23) per head: Consists of 3 hours river run, 14 rapids, Class 1-2, minimum of 6 pax
- Mid Section: PhP 1800 (USD 35) per head: Consists of 4 hours river run, 24 rapids, Class 2-4, minimum of 6 pax
- Upper Section: PhP 2000 (USD 39) per head: Consists of 2 hours river run, 14 rapids, Class 3 minimum, minimum of 6 pax
Other package inclusions are jeepney transfers, helmets, life vests, and paddles. Optional add-ons include photos and videos, lunch, or cave and spelunking activities.
How to Get There
- From the country’s capital of Manila, you can fly in via Cagayan de Oro’s Airport.
- It is recommended that you book your tour in advance so that the tour operator can pick you up from either the airport or your hotel (transfers are included in most White Water Rafting Tours.)
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
Depending on your tour choice, rafting activities can take around 2 to 4 hours.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to enjoy the city’s white water rafting activities is during the wet months of June to December, when the water level is high, thereby producing more rapids.
Tours offer the option of including packed lunch.
- Bukidnon/Dahilayan Adventure Park
- Mapawa Nature Park River Trekking & Canyoneering
- Camiguin Island
A number of accommodations can be found in the city proper of Cagayan de Oro, which include hotels and inns such as Seda Centrio, Uptown Condotel, and Limketkai Luxe Hotel. Prices range from USD 69 to USD 20 per night.