Travelers who are looking for a secluded virgin island to lounge in and swim in would love the unspoiled beauty of Pangangan Island.
Pangangan Island is a stunning virgin island complete with red sandy beaches, rock formations, and coconut trees. It is peaceful and does not get crowded with tourists.
Pangangan Island lies on the coast of Calape, Bohol.
Opening Days and Hours
Pangangan Island is open during the daytime, every day.
Entry Fee and Bookings
The entrance fee depends on the resort you will go to, and starts at PHP 20 (USD 0.39) per person.
How to Get There
- You can fly into Bohol via the Tagbilaran Airport – which offers daily flights to and from the capital of Manila.
- From Tagbilaran, you can rent a car to take you to Pangangan. Pangangan is connected to the Bohol mainland via a 4-kilometre mangrove-bordered causeway, so it is reachable via car/land.
- Solo Travelers
- Group of friends
- Office outing
Time to Spend
3 to 5 hours to explore the island.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to visit Pangangan Island is during the summer months of mid-March to early June when the climate is hot and it is the perfect time for swimming and diving.
- Water Activities
- City tour
- Island hopping
- Fish Watching
You can easily avail of meals in the different resorts or local eateries in Pangangan Island. Meals can cost for as low as USD 1 per meal. Must-try Bohol delicacies include peanut kisses, sticky rice, and choco tablea
- Calape Bay
- Mag Aso Falls
- Rajah Sikatuna National Park
- Dream Island Resort
- Isla Hayahay Beach Resort and Restaurant
- JAV Beach Resort and Restaurant