Bask in the crystal-clear waters and white sand beaches of the Mediterranean-feel Pandanon Island
Set right in the middle of Cebu and Bohol, is the small and picturesque island of Pandanon. Its close proximity to Cebu makes it a must-see for travelers who wish to lounge in white sand beaches and swim in clear blue waters. The densely populated island also features a Chapel, unfinished Roman columns and other ruins that serve as a perfect backdrop for photos.
Pandanon Island is located between the provinces of Cebu and Bohol. It is technically a part of Bohol but is located in the eastern part of Mactan – so the island is easily accessible from Cebu.
Opening Days and Hours
Pandanon Island is open daily. The best time to go would be in the early morning, as the island offers no overnight accommodations.
Entry Fee and Bookings
- Entrance fee: PHP 150 (USD 3)
- Tour packages may include entrance fee, set meal, pick up and drop off: Rates start at PHP 1,350 to 5,950 (USD 26.37 to 116.25) per person
How to Get There
- Fly into Cebu via the Mactan International Airport
- From the airport, you can rent a taxi or a car to take you to the Punta Engano Port
- From the port, you can then rent a boat or take the tour boat going to Pandanon Island, which takes around 1 hour.
- Solo travelers
- Families with kids
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
You can explore and enjoy the island for 1 day.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to visit Pandanon Island is during the summer months of mid-March to early June. It is also best to go during the early morning to maximize the day in exploring the island.
- Pump boat riding
- Island hopping
- Fish sanctuary watching
Pandanon Island has cooking facilities that can be rented and used so you can bring food that can be grilled onsite. At the same time, you can also purchase fresh seafood from fishermen on the island, most of which can be grilled or even eaten raw.
- Fort San Pedro
- Magellan’s Cross
- Mactan Island
- Bohol Island
There are no overnight accommodations on Pandanon Island but you can opt to stay in various Cebu hotels and resorts. Room rates range from USD 21 to 250 per night.
- Crimson Resort and Spa
- Palmbeach Resort and Spa
- Diamond Suites and Residence
- Mandarin Plaza Hotel