Tad Lo/ Tat Lo
Tourists who wish to go off the beaten path and explore nature on a budget friendly price would love Bolaven Plateau’s Tad Lo.
Tad Lo is a trekking stopover wherein you can explore three waterfalls within the village: the Tad Suong, Tad Lo, and Tad Hang.
Tad Lo is in Salavan Province located in the highlands of Southern Laos. The town is approximately two kilometres away from the bus drop-off
Opening Days and Hours
Tourists can visit Tad Lo and its sights during the daytime.
Entry Fee and Bookings
Tad Lo tours can cost LAK 120,000 or USD 14.43.
How to Get There
- From Pakse: Travel via bus to the Tad Lo road junction (costs LAK 30,000 or USD 3.61), which is approximately 2 kilometres from the Tad Lo village. You can then take a tuk tuk to the village.
- Travel to the three waterfalls and surrounding areas is through tour buses or minibuses, which you can arrange via travel agencies in Pakse.
- From Pakse: Another option is to rent motorbikes going to Tad Lo, which can cost around LAK 60,000 or USD 7.21 per day.
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
You can explore Tad Lo for a minimum of two days.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The Bolaven Plateau enjoys steady weather throughout the year, although temperatures can get chilly when it rains or during the winter months of December to January.
- Elephant ride going to Tad Lo waterfalls
- Tree Top Explorer (jungle adventure)
- Bolaven Highlands Trek
Guesthouses and even some of the attractions serve food for guests and visitors, some popular food places include:
- Tim’s Guest House and Restaurant
- Sephaseuth Guest House and Restaurant
Safety and Fraud
If you do opt to rent a motorbike to visit the falls, avail of the paid parking in the attractions, which costs approximately LAK 2,000 to 5,000 or USD 0.24 or 0.60. Motorbike theft in the attractions is a real risk.
- Tad Pasaum Waterfall
- Tad Champee Waterfall
- Ban Huai Houn (ethnic Katu village)
- Jhai Coffee House
- Tad Yuang
- Tad Champi Waterfall
- Tad E-Tu Waterfall
- Mai Savanh Lao Organic Farm
- Tad Tayicsua Waterfall
- Ban Nong Oy Village
- Houy Bang Lieng River Kayaking
- Sinouk Coffee Resort and Plantation
- Mr. Koffie’s Coffee Tour and Roasting Workshop
- Bolaven Off Road Adventure
- Mystic Mountain Coffee
Accommodations near the Tad Lo area consists of guesthouses and lodges such as the E Tu Waterfall Resort and Tadlo Lodge, with prices that range from USD 7 to USD 52.