Bali Zoo is Bali’s first and only zoological park, which offers guests a chance to learn from and observe more than 500 rare and exotic animals in a lush and tropical environment.
The Bali Zoo offers a number of activities and presentations that promises a once-in-a-lifetime experience for guests. This includes an up close and personal feeding encounter with a Bengal tiger, elephant exhibitions, and even a dining experience with a lion family or flock of birds.
Bali Zoo is located in Jalan Raya Singapadu, Sukawati, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali.
Opening Days and Hours
The Bali Zoo is open from 09:00 to 17:00 every day of the week.
Entry Fee and Bookings
You can avail of the following tickets:
- Night at the Zoo: IDR 828,750 (USD 58.01) for adults, IDR 573,750 (USD 40.16) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Dinner with the Great Elephant: IDR 582,250 (USD 40.76) for adults, and IDR 408,000 (USD 28.56) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Mahout for a Day: IDR 7,053,750 (USD 493.76) for both adults and children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Elephant Expedition: IDR 964,750 (USD 67.53) for adults, and IDR 701,250 (USD 49.09) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Exclusive Elephant Expedition: IDR 1,343,000 (USD 94.01) for adults, and IDR 998,750 (USD 69.91) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Short Elephant Expedition: IDR 794,750 (USD 55.63) for adults, and IDR 573,750 (USD 40.16) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Short Exclusive Elephant Expedition: IDR 1,171,300 (USD 81.99) for adults, and IDR 848,300 (USD 59.38) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Zoo Explorer: IDR 644,300 (USD 45.10) for adults, and IDR 497,250 (USD 34.81) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Zoo Admission: IDR 321,300 (USD 22.49) for adults, and IDR 208,250 (USD 14.58) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
- Breakfast with Orangutan: IDR 403,750 (USD 28.26) for adults, and IDR 318,750 (USD 22.31) for children aged 2 to 12 years old for package without hotel transfers, or IDR 573,750 (USD 40.16) for adults, and IDR 463,250 (USD 32.43) for children aged 2 to 12 years old for package with hotel transfers
- Breakfast with Orangutan and Elephant Expedition: IDR 1,232,500 (USD 86.27) for adults, and IDR 930,750 (USD 65.15) for children aged 2 to 12 years old
How to Get There
You can drive to Bali Zoo from Ubud (15 minutes), Sanur (25 minutes), Kuta (45 minutes), or Nusa Dua (60 minutes). You can also arrange for pick up services from your hotel to Bali Zoo via travel agents, your hotel, or even the Bali Zoo website.
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
- Families with older kids
Time to Spend
You can spend 1 day exploring Bali Zoo.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
The best time to visit Bali Zoo is any time of the year, however, note that heavy rains can be experienced in Bali from December to March, while low humidity can be experienced from June to September.
- Animal Encounters
- Petting Zoo
- Feed the Animals
- Animal Presentations
- Elephant Expedition
- Breakfast with Orangutan
The Bali Zoo has restaurants that are also included in their activity of dining with wildlife, which are:
- Gayo Restaurant
- Wana Restaurant Lounge Bar
- Wantilan Restaurant
- Jungle Splash Waterplay
- The Sanctoo Villa/Spa and Wellness
- Bali Jaya Tour
- Prapen Jewelry & Artifacts
- Krisna Yuna Gallery
- Bali Puja Tour
- Bali Bird Park
Accommodations near the Bali Zoo include villas and resorts such as The Sanctoo Villa and Elephant Park, Mandala Desa, Villa Kayu Lama, Villa Kusumasari Boutique Resort, and The Alena Resort. Prices range from USD 74 to 542 per night.