Nann Myint means “high tower” and this is definitely what Nann Myint Tower is — an ideal viewpoint for tourists to take in and see Bagan’s over 2,000 marvelous ancient architectural temples and monuments from the 11th to 13th century. The tower stands tall at 60 metres and is composed of 13 levels, which includes a small gallery with souvenir shop, meeting, and office rooms, restaurants, and the viewing levels. The tower is made of concrete and reinforced steel that also features Myanmar’s 10 traditional arts, making the tower itself a must-see.
The Nann Myint Tower can be found close to the Aureum Palace Hotel in Bagan.
Opening Days and Hours
The tower is open daily, while the restaurant is open from 06:00 to 22:30.
Entry Fee and Bookings
Entrance to the tower costs USD 5 per person.
How to Get There
- You can fly into Myanmar via the Yangon International Airport (also called Yangon Mingaladon Airport), then take a bus from Yangon going to Nyaung U, Bagan. You can also fly into the Nyaung U Airport.
- Take a local taxi or horse cart from Nyaung U to the tower.
- Backpackers/solo travelers
- Group of friends
Time to Spend
You can explore the tower and see the sights in 1 to 2 hours.
Popularity and Best Time to Go
You can visit the tower any time of the day.
- See the sights in the view decks
- Visit the gallery and souvenir shop
- Try out the restaurant
Aside from the restaurant located in the tower’s 9th floor, another dining option located nearby is the Aureum Palace Bagan Hotel.
- Dhammayazika Pagoda
- Gubyauk Gyi (Myinkaba) Pagoda
- Shwezigon Paya
You can find a number of accommodation options near the tower, including the Aureum Palace Bagan Hotel, Amazing Bagan Resort, Zfreeti, and Bagan Thande. Prices range from USD 38 to USD 140 per night.